Olympics: Adekuoroye targets gold at Tokyo 2020


Olympics: Adekuoroye targets gold at Tokyo 2020
Nigeria’s most celebrated wrestler, Odunayo Adekuoroye, has promised to intensify efforts to bring the country her wrestling gold at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Adekuoroye on Friday vowed not to rest till she perfected her skills and techniques in order to make herself better on the mat.
The world silver medalist on her social media page said, “I promise to train harder, add a couple of things to my wrestling and make myself better on the mat. 2020 Team Nigeria Wrestling Go For GOLD.”
The three times Africa champion expressed gratitude to God, the General Overseer of the Mountain of Fire Miracle Ministry, Bayelsa State governor, the President NWF, as well as other individuals who encouraged her before the championship.
“I am most grateful to the almighty God on my medal at the world wrestling championship in France.
“I really want to appreciate my father in the Lord Dr Daniel Olukoya, G.O Mountain of Fire Miracle Ministry, the governor of Bayelsa State, Seriake Dickson, my dependable trusted Nigeria Wrestling Federation President, Daniel lgali.
“Also my wonderful coach Akuh Purity, my manager, Godwin Enakhena, my team mate, members of the press and especially my wonderful fans all over the world,” the Ondo State wrestler noted.
Adekuoroye at the ongoing World Championships became the first Nigerian and second African to feature in the final of the prestigious event.
On Saturday (tomorrow), Commonwealth silver medalist, Amas Daniel (65kg) and John Emmanuel (70kg) will both wrestle with the plans of increasing the medal tally for Team Nigeria.

Popular posts from this blog

Duel with yourself." The film about Alexander Karelin claims TEFI-2017

Rising Nigeria female wrestler

Nigeria wrestling federation protest against oburodudu bronze medal match